TYB0127BR 2003 New Wave Catamaran $1,200,000
This is a truly unique opportunity to purchase Australia’s longest established Whale Watching business (est. since 1989).
After many years, the owners of Hervey Bay Whale Watch have made a difficult decision to retire from a successful business that has won over 40 awards including 10 Fraser Coast South Burnett Tourism Awards for Excellence, has been awarded Advanced Eco Tourism Accreditation and been entered into the Fraser Coast Hall of Fame for its achievements in the whale watching industry. Quick Cat II is the most awarded whale watching vessel in Australia. www.herveybaywhalewatch.com.au
Quick Cat II is an 18.5 metre New Wave catamaran built in 2003 that was designed and custom built to satisfy all passenger needs for comfortable travelling and stability when viewing whales at rest. Quick Cat II is powered by twin 430hp Cummins enand comfortably cruises @ 20-22knts with an incredible fuel burn of only 70lt/hr.
The vessel was refitted in 2007 and is the only vessel in the Whale Watch Fleet that has wheelchair access to the main foredeck via ramps and no stairs.
The business is being offered as a “walk in walk out” with a substantial amount of forward bookings for the forthcoming whale season.
- Floating office at Great Sandy Straits Marina registered as “Hervey Bay Whale Watch Information Centre”
- Floating office used for check in and boarding, ticket sales and retail sales
- 14 seat mini bus
- Business names; Hervey Bay Water Taxi (Fraser Island) & Whale Swim Hervey Bay
- Built to 1C survey and licenced for 100 passengers
- Agreement in place with Kingfisher Bay Resort and Village for guest transfers and whale watching